Thursday, March 5, 2015

Cover Possibilities

Food/Cooking magazine covers often feature a high definition picture of a gourmet dish with many flashy cover lines and bold fonts.

Arts magazine covers often feature colorful, intricate,and sometimes abstract works of art with less cover lines. They often focus on the cover image's design aspect as opposed to a photograph.

Dance magazine covers often feature a powerful photograph of a dancer, the cover lines placed around the dancer's form. 

Music magazines often feature a mid-shot or close-up of an musician/artist with many cover lines and bright, eye-catching colors. 

Because Passion (working title) features all of these genres, I wanted to incorporate all of these styles without having a cover that was too busy and overwhelming. To truly capture the feeling of passion and convey it to an audience, I felt I should let the audience in on my passion for painting. I decided to paint the cover image and add the cover lines and the masthead later on on Photoshop. This allowed me to have complete artistic freedom and allowed the audience to have insight into the deep, authentic feelings of passion.


No comments:

Post a Comment