Thursday, April 9, 2015

Website, Marketing Approach, Inspiration

I have started creating the website for my documentary. I am keeping in mind the Music Video Project and how in-depth our study of audience/institutions and target audience was. The artistic, more graphic tone of my magazine will carry throughout this documentary, poster, and website, as well. My target audience is artistically-inclined young adults, so I find that a less-typical design should go along with it. A case study I will be referring to is the documentary First PositionThis documentary follows dancers through the Young American Grand Prix, a competition where scouts from world-renowned ballet companies come looking for fresh talent. This documentary is not only beautifully shot, but it captures the pure passion for dance that these kids feel. It was distributed in the US by IFC Films (Sundance Selects), a company known for distributing documentaries and independent films. Because this documentary follows six different dancers from different backgrounds, it was distributed in many different countries, reaching a large audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment